Management Innovation, Training and Research Academy (MITRA) Pvt. Ltd. signed a cooperation agreement with Basel Institute of Commons and Economics, Gerbergasse 30, CH 4001, Basel, Switzerland on November 14, 2018 in order to collect and publish data for the Semi-Annual Social Capital Monitor in Nepal for five years.
Basel Institute of Commons and Economics is a leading research institute with a focus on measuring commons and social goods. Since 2016, the Institute has been conducting the World Social Capital Monitor, which is a worldwide open access Social Capital survey for citizens and the property of Basel Institute of Commons and Economics.
Both the institutions will start following cooperation:
1. MITRA will contribute to conducting the Semi-Annual Social Capital Monitoring in Nepal.
2. All data entries are collected online and mobile in the online data bank through the portal of World Social Capital Monitor: https://trustyourplace.com./ Results from other sources shall be inserted in the same database. The data shall be the property of Basel Institute of Commons and Economics.
3. MITRA shall receive survey results in the MS Excel format. MITRA can use and publish the results for its own purposes by mentioning Basel Institute of Commons and Economics and the World Social Capital Monitor.
4. Basel Institute of Commons and Economics shall include and publish the results within the World Social Capital Monitor by mentioning MITRA.
5. Both parties will feature the cooperation partnership on their websites and in their country reports.
6. The duration of the cooperation is 5 years in order to create a timeline of 10 semi-annual surveys.
7. MITRA and Basel Institute will support each other by applying for funding to cover the costs created to maintain the World Social Capital Monitor in Nepal.
8. In order to avoid any bias or wrong incentive the partners of the World Social Capital Monitor do not pay fees for the participation in the survey.
Dr. Dil Prasad Shrestha, Executive Director of MITRA Pvt. Ltd. and Dr. Alexander Dill, Director of Basel Institute of Commons and Economics signed the Cooperation Agreement on behalf of their respective institutions.